Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summertime And the Living Is Easy

We have nice spring weather interleaved with snow flurries. It makes me dream of summer: sunny beaches, flower-patterned dresses. I do not use gold color much, but here you go: nothing conveys sunshine like gold color. Here are a few of the necklaces I created recently.


#610 - I discovered I have a selection of gold-plated rings that work nicely in sets of concentric pairs. I used some genuine Swarovski crystals (light siam and peridot) in this necklace, inspired by sun-drenched strawberry patch. It will go well with a summer dress with red and green flower pattern.


#608 - Think of sunshine. Gold-plated chain, along with yellow and white mother of pearl links.

#606 - This necklace is made with reconstituted turquoise coins. I love the delicate blue color with a  hint of green and crackle veins on the stones.The necklace is long: 79 cm (31").

#612- Uses black Czech fire-polished glass drops, with white pearls

#611 - I really like how the fringes of gold-plated metal chain turned out on this piece. It has two strands: one of white freshwater pearls, and one of black Czech fire-polished glass. Both use elegant frosted gold-plated beads.



What is coming? I have a head full of floral designs, lot of metal chain, more of large focal stones. I am also exploring new ideas in beading with Japanese delica beads, magatama beads, and seed beads in  general. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment