Thursday, April 28, 2011

Large Stones, Metal Links and Sterling Silver Chain

I can't believe my last post was around Valentine's Day (time flies when you are having fun). In the meantime, I lost my fear of fire. To put it in more practical terms, I got a lot more comfortable with soldering. You can see it in my new style of preference that incorporates huge metal links (I use sterling silver, along with copper and brass), with large stones, and sterling silver chain. So far, I created mostly monochromatic compositions (again, my personal preference), but I am going to experiment with more color in the future - will keep you posted. Here are a few of my newest creations.

#604

#605

#605 uses sterling silver along with black onyx,  pyrite and lava stone,  while #604 combines it with brass (note lovely vingtage brass beads that I scouted out online) and smoky quartz.

#590
I did not solder the large sterling silver wire centerpiece on this one, but I love the way it turned out. he stones are black onyx, pyrite, and lava stones.
(BTW, this one is SOLD already)
#591 - another one that has already SOLD. In addition to sterling silver and black onyx, I used in it raw tormaline (this is the raw nugget that looks like a piece of coal), clear quartz, and blackstone triangular links.



No comments:

Post a Comment