Thursday, September 24, 2009

#6 - Crazy Colours


Perfect for someone with a gipsy heart.


Large orange beads used in this necklace come with a story. I received a strand of them as a precious gift from my aunt. She bought them in late 60-ies and believed they were amber (I do not think so, but they sure stand out). I wore the necklace for a while but then deconstructed it and used to create several new pieces. This one combines these vintage beads with purple amethyst and red sponge coral. Gold color beads with pretty pattern are another vintage find - they are actually metalized plastic beads (I tend to avoid plastic, but on occasion break my rules if I like the looks). Necklace length 53 cm (21"), the largest orange bead is 20x15 mm.

This item is sold, but if you like it, email me jolawg@telus.net, and I can create a set similar in style according to your specification.

No comments:

Post a Comment